1) Sleep is a stoner doom metal band from San Jose, California, United States. Active during the 1990s, Sleep earned critical and record label attention early in their career. Critic Eduardo Rivadavia describes them as "perhaps the ultimate stoner rock band" and notes they exerted a strong influence on heavy metal in the 1990s. However, conflict with their record company had contributed to Sleep's breakup by the end of the decade. The band reformed, performing sporadic live dates, in 2009.
2) Sleep is an experimental avant-garde group from New Zealand. Members are: Kim Pieters (Dadamah, Flies Inside The Sun, Rain), Peter Stapleton (Dadamah, The Pin Group, The Terminals, Flies Inside The Sun), and Susan Ballard. Also sometimes Nathan Thompson (Sandoz Lab Technicians) included. They released two albums; Enfolded In Luxury (1999) and Ghostwriting (2001), both on Metonymic label. Their music can be categorized as "free noise" or "free improvisation" as well.
3) Sleep is an hardcore punk band from Brighton, UK. They were only active from 89-91.
4) Sleep is the name of a Harsh Noise Wall project. They released a split cassette with Authority.
5) Sleep is the name of an Australian electronic music producer. Main body of works center around long ambient "sleep"-style productions, but also has done some more techno influenced tracks (see: Stalker Remixes). Released via the Polybonk netlabel.
6) Sleep is a hip hop artist and member of The Chicharones along with Josh Martinez. As a solo artist he has released Riot by Candlelight, Christopher, and Hesitation Wounds. As a member of The Chicharones he has released When Pigs Fly, Boss Hogs EP, and Swine Country.
Sleep grew up in the old-school Mexican community of Farmington, NM. By the age of 9 he was writing and performing his own raps. Fast forward 20 years or so…he’s now married with a 14 year old daughter, a 20 month old son, and a new album that incubated in a pressure cooker for three years. It is called “Hesitation Wounds.”
Co-founder the Oldominion crew, a conglomerate of hip-hop artists based out of the Pacific Northwest, Sleep and his people have been putting it down for Seattle and Portland for the past decade. Sleep first made a name for himself with his lighting-quick delivery and dominant stage presence, but after releasing two solo albums (Riot by Candlelight, Christopher) it was the strength of his song writing that earned him a devout following in the underground scene.